Pregnant? Documents You Will Need

So, you’re pregnant! Now what? Other than getting your hands on the latest ‘New Parent Resource Guide’, this article will give you a list of documents that you will need before and after baby is born.

Before Baby

Maternity and Parental Benefits: Employment Insurance (EI) provides Maternity and Parental Benefits to individuals who are pregnant, have recently given birth, are adopting a child, or are caring for a newborn.

After Baby

Birth Certificate Social Insurance Number With a SIN, you can start saving for your child’s education through such programs as the Canada Learning Bond, Registered Education Savings Plan, or the Canada Education Savings Grant. Health Card Passport   Newborn Registration Service – the easiest way to register your baby’s birth and fastest way to apply for their:birth certificateSocial Insurance NumberCanada Child Benefits Canada Child Benefits include the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB), the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB), the GST/HST credit, and any related provincial/territorial programs that the CRA administers.

No comments yet! You be the first to comment.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *